Progress (or method, maybe? It’s actually finished there) photos of that drawing I did of the cat claw acacia. I kept cleaning my brush on that rock, I hope that’s not unacceptable to the whole national park thing (this was in the Grand Canyon).
Also I filled up my paintbrush with water from the river and forgot I did that, which means I’ve smuggled water into Australia past customs and probably I wasn’t supposed to. I also accidentally stole a bunch of rocks that I forgot were in my bag. Whoops! They were cool rocks tho.
things i drew in my ideas book that are kind of ok while i was away.
1. some mammalian mermaids. loosely inspired by all the seals and sealions and dolphin-type-things we saw around the channel islands, but mostly just - i care deeply about mammalian mermaids. get yo scales away from me, they’re on the wrong side of my acceptable-biological-improbability line
2. some kelp, as labelled. there were heaps of kelp forests around the channel islands. they were super pretty, even though they kinda freak me out.
3. a character called libby who likes it in america and is i guess into the flag thing
4. my attempt at botanical drawing! it was not very successful! i’m happy with the drawing part but the colouring part was a bit of a flop. lots of improvement to do. watercolouring is hard. it’s a cat claw acacia, i think. i messed up the thorns.
5. a stylised river in a desert, loosely inspired by the colorado before it does the canyon thing
i drew this other thing that i’m sorta happy with and i was gonna attach it too, but it’s tbs related and idk, it’s heavily stylised but people might still figure out the massive spoiler so i left it off. this last bit is more of a note to self, then.